A Leicester man has pleaded not guilty to being part of an alleged conspiracy to smuggle Iraqi migrants across the English Channel.
Ibrahim Razak, 40, is among six people to be charged with one count relating to people smuggling between May 31 2018, and June 30 2018.
During a hearing at Leicester Crown Court on Monday (June 26), Mr Razak, of Groby Road, also denied a second charge of the same offence relating to a separate time period between September 1 and 10 2018.
The seventh co-accused, Elisabete Moreira, of Streetly Road, Birmingham, is charged with the same offence.
All seven defendants pleaded not guilty to all the charges against them and have been granted unconditional bail.
A full trial has been scheduled to begin on Monday, May 13 next year.
The defendants are:
- Ibrahim Razak, 40, of Groby Road, Leicester
- Andreia Cruz, 36, of Belvedere Mount, Leeds
- Elisabete Moreira, 40, of Streetly Road, Birmingham
- Michelle Foster, 44, of Broomhill Road, Birmingham
- Geoffrey Goodyear, 48, of Pattingham Road, Perton, Staffordshire
- Saman Kahraman, 42, of Jervoise Street, West Bromwich
- Paul Price, 53, of Chase Terrace, Burntwood, Staffordshire.