A MAN has died after a fatal fire took hold of his bedsit in Hinckley.
The blaze, which happened on Wednesday (March 16), is believed to have been started accidentally, according to fire officials, who revealed their findings yesterday following an investigation.
The man was found dead inside his bedsit property, which sits in Manor Street, after it became engulfed at around 11.30pm.
Firefighters from both Leicestershire and Warwickshire attended the incident. They used breathing apparatus to enter the property, but called for backup from Nuneaton Fire Station, after discovering the strength of the fire.
In a statement, fire officials from Nuneaton Fire Station have confirmed that they believe the blaze was started by accident.
“We were called out to a fatal fire in Hinckley. Blue watch sent two pumps to Manor Street after Hinckley fire engines got to the scene first. The fire was still going when we arrived,” they said.
“Sadly it was a fatal fire in a bedsit. Hinckley officers went in with breathing apparatus and found a man inside.”
Although the man has not been named publicly, Leicestershire Police have confirmed that his next of kin have been informed.